Art is something that has no start and has no end. It just develops, improves, enhances, and gets better every day. Artists are the ones who bring out the development, improvement, enhancement, and beauty of art from time to time. But, some artists should be remembered no matter how much the artwork has developed and improved in the world. So, let us look at some of the most famous artists of all time!
● Pablo Picasso: Pablo Picasso is known for his modern art. He was a Spanish sculptor, painter, ceramicist, and theatre designer. He was a great artist since childhood; he used to sketch and paint naturalistic artworks. In the 20th century, his style changed while he experimented with unique techniques, ideas, and theories. The weeping woman, Guernica, The Old Guitarist, Girl before a mirror, La Vie are some of his notable contributions to art.
● Andy Warhol: Andy Warhol was an American film director, artist, and producer. He was also a leading figure in a movement of “pop art,” which is visual art. Not only did he explore the relationship between artistic expression, celebrity culture, and advertising, his works included photography, silkscreening, painting, film, and sculpture. Mao, Campbell’s Soup Cans, Marilyn Diptych, Cow Series are some of the famous artworks from Andy Warhol!
● Vincent Van Gogh: Though Van Gogh is psychologically unstable, his artworks are the most popular ones even today!
The way he used the thick brushstrokes of bright colours squeezed directly from the colour tubes was incredibly fantastic!
You might be aware of the “starry night”; this was Van Gogh’s best creation ever!
● Leonardo Da Vinci: “Mona Lisa,” being one of the famous paintings ever, was created by Leonardo Da Vinci. He was not only known for his beautiful works like “The Last Supper,” “The Lady,” “Mona Lisa,” etc., but also known for his design and creation of technologies such as automobiles, tanks, and aircraft that were created after five hundred years!
● Michelangelo: Michelangelo was indeed a multi-talented fellow. He was a sculptor where “the David and Pieta” was his best creation. He was a painter where “the Sistine Ceiling” was one of his famous paintings. He was an architect where Rome’s famous “St.Peter’s Basilica” was his innovation and hard work. In addition to these works, he was an architect for Pope Julian II’s tomb and designed San Lorenzo’s Church’s Laurentian Library!
● Edvard Munch: Edward Munch, a Norwegian painter, was known for his “The Scream” painting. This painting has become one of the best images of world art. According to him, the painting resulted from him watching a sunset in a park while he heard an infinite scream of nature!